Lotus Cove Campgrounds
On Lake Loramie
Manager: Tom Hoying
Winter Shut Down
I hope you all had some nice times with family, friends and nature over the summer. We appreciate your business and hope to keep winning you back year over year. As the season closes, I want to address some season ending issues and reminders:
That’s it. Thanks again a look forward to 2022!!
Mark and Tom
I do not have an update from the latest activity meeting, but wanted to remind all of what I know is on the books:
Events for August…..
August 14th we plan on having the Lotus Cove mini golf open…we need volunteers to set up a holes at their site…if you are interested please get ahold of myself Scoot Mays lot 86 or Tom Hoying no later than 08/01/21…..there will be a total of 100.00 prize fee…50 for the winner and 50 for best course…….Cancelled due to a lack of volunteers/interest.
Aug 14th: Corn Hole Tournament at 1:00 by the clubhouse
sunday sept 5 ….Small Town Brothers(band) will be playing at the stage 6-10 pm…..
Labor day 50/50 will be drawn at 9:30 that evening as well….
Aug 21st Mark will be hosting the chicken dinner at the clubhouse…Details Below:
2021 Ken’s BBQ Chicken Cookout
Event: Cookout with bbq chicken, corn on the cobb, and dishes from campers.
When: August 21 @ 5:30
Lotus Cove Campground will provide the BBQ Chicken. Campers Activity Fund the Corn on the Cobb. Various dishes of sides and desserts will be provided by the campers and brought to clubhouse. Drinks will be on the campers to supply for themselves
Sept 4 (Saturday) Golf Cart Parade
Sept 5 (Sunday) Live Music ….Small Town Brothers will be playing at the stage 6-10 pm. Labor day 50/50 will be drawn at 9:30 that evening at the stage
Sept 25th….Golf Cart Karaoke…7:00- 10:00…sing a song and get a ticket for a chance at 25.00 prize
There seems to be hope for normalcy on the horizon. The CDC just announced updated guidance for people who have been vaccinated which you very likely have heard about in the news. However, these CDC guidelines are made public and then state and local health departments put out their mandates/guidelines. As of today, the Ohio restrictions are in place. There has been an announcement that many of those restrictions will be lifted on June 02, 2021. I think it is safe to say that planning for events after that date can happen and we will keep our fingers crossed. The clubhouse will remain closed for use until the Ohio restrictions are relaxed.
Mark and Tom
We have received the dock licenses for your docks and matching stickers for your boat. Please see Tom Hoying to pick these up when you have the chance. Please have your boat/trailers removed from the campsite by the first Saturday of May.
Thanks Tom and Mark
It looks like Mother Nature has two more speed bumps for us to go over on Thursday night with temperatures around 20 degrees F and Friday night down to 30 degrees F. The forecast after that looks good to open up the valves for water to the campgrounds. If nothing changes with the 10 day forecast, Tom plans to open the campgrounds by turning on the water Saturday 4/3/2021.
A couple of notes:
More updates to follow. I look forward to meeting all this summer and I hope all have a pleasant Easter.
Mark and Tom