There seems to be hope for normalcy on the horizon. The CDC just announced updated guidance for people who have been vaccinated which you very likely have heard about in the news. However, these CDC guidelines are made public and then state and local health departments put out their mandates/guidelines. As of today, the Ohio restrictions are in place. There has been an announcement that many of those restrictions will be lifted on June 02, 2021. I think it is safe to say that planning for events after that date can happen and we will keep our fingers crossed. The clubhouse will remain closed for use until the Ohio restrictions are relaxed.
Mark and Tom
We have received the dock licenses for your docks and matching stickers for your boat. Please see Tom Hoying to pick these up when you have the chance. Please have your boat/trailers removed from the campsite by the first Saturday of May.
Thanks Tom and Mark
It looks like Mother Nature has two more speed bumps for us to go over on Thursday night with temperatures around 20 degrees F and Friday night down to 30 degrees F. The forecast after that looks good to open up the valves for water to the campgrounds. If nothing changes with the 10 day forecast, Tom plans to open the campgrounds by turning on the water Saturday 4/3/2021.
A couple of notes:
- If you have not paid your campsite dues for 2021, you will not be permitted to utilize your campsite unless specific arrangements have been agreed upon with management.
- The health department still has the same restrictions for common areas as last year (July 2020) in place. The clubhouse will remain closed until these restrictions are lifted. Please follow CDC guidelines for face masks and social distancing. We expect these to relax sometime soon. I hope sooner rather than later for all of your enjoyment.
- Please take a chance to look around your campsite and cleanup items both your belongings and natures branches, leaves, etc. Tom and I will walk around the campgrounds in early May to see how everything looks. Please remember the purpose. We want the campgrounds to look good for the enjoyment of all by keeping the standards up. I have asked Tom to continually look for ways to improve the atmosphere. This can only be accomplished with everyone’s effort and commitment to do so.
- All boats which are stored in the campgrounds shall be placed in the water or removed from the campground by the first Saturday in May.
More updates to follow. I look forward to meeting all this summer and I hope all have a pleasant Easter.
Mark and Tom
The weather has turned and the camping season is drawing near. I wanted to send out some key pieces of information:
- Campgrounds: Will open on April 3rd (Saturday). The plan is to turn the water on as well weather permitting. If freezing temperatures are in the forecast, we will wait until the temperature is above freezing to prevent pipes from freezing.
- Site and Dock Invoices: These are due on 15th-March. Please do not utilize your campsite until your account is paid.
- Dock Licenses: These have been filed for with the ODNR. Distribution to dock renters will be via Tom Hoying. I don’t know when we will receive from the state, but will advise.
- Activity Director: When Covid Restrictions are lifted, we plan to have activities again and need someone to lead this effort. Paul and Cindy Mays have offered to take this on. More details later, but any ideas for activities are always welcome.
- Pet Approval. There is a policy to have all pets registered with paper work showing an up to date Rabies Vaccine and an active Pet License Number. Please see the forms section of the website and fill out the paperwork and return to Tom.
- Site Work and Improvement Projects: Changes to sites need to have a plan approved before doing the work. This requirement has not changed, but a new requirement will be in place for the 2021 season. For the safety of kids, other campers, and the enjoyment of your camping neighbors, please do not do work on the weekends that require heavy or loud equipment. Concrete trucks, stone trucks, bobcats, and the like draw crowds and especially kids which can be unsafe. Please do this work Monday through Friday mid-day. If this can not be accomplished, please ask Tom to help in getting the area roped off. Thank you in advance for your consideration on this issue.
There will be more to follow as we get closer to opening. Stay safe and look forward to seeing all soon.
Tom and Mark
I hope all is well. I am looking forward to the snow melting and spring weather to be upon us. Assuming that some normalcy will return some time this summer, I am reaching out to anyone that would like help direct activities for the campgrounds this season. I am looking for a camper(s) who would be willing to put together a plan for activities (both traditional and new) for the campers/kids to enjoy. I am willing to compensate this position and would like to start to coordinate. Please contact Tom or I if you have interest. Thanks for considering.